Kain Adom brace gives Hanwell Town a big win over Gosport

By Joe Acklam

17th Oct 2022 | Football

Kain Adom is the man of the moment as Hanwell scored four against Gosport Borough. Photo: Hanwell Town.
Kain Adom is the man of the moment as Hanwell scored four against Gosport Borough. Photo: Hanwell Town.

Kain Adom bagged a brace as Hanwell Town comfortably beat Gosport Borough 4-1 in the Southern League Premier South. 

Danny Rowe and Adom both scored in the first 15 minutes either side of a Harvey Rew equaliser to get the Geordies off to a fast start. 

Sham Barnwell added a third before half-time to give Hanwell a comfortable lead before Adom added the fourth 20 minutes from time to wrap up a comprehensive victory. 

Hanwell's second win of the week sends them up to third in the Southern League Premier South and sets up a big game away at top of the table Weston Super Mare next weekend. 

The Geordies took the lead in the sixth minute as Rowe ran down the right, came inside the defender and slotted it beyond Patrick O'Flaherty. 

Gosport responded instantly as from kick-off they went up the other end as Rew had the ball on his weak foot and struck the ball passed Hugo Sobte and into the cop corner. 

The frantic start to the game continued as after 13 minutes it was two-one, Adom got on the end of a long ball forwards and rounded the goalkeeper before tucking it into the bottom corner. 

Rowe could have added a third after 22 minutes as he took aim from distance and he is forced into putting it behind for a corner and shortly after Adom put the ball into the middle and Barnwell sent it just wide. 

The third was very much coming and it arrived after 36 minutes as Harry Rush chased down a lost cause and got there before teeing up Barnwell who finished beautifully into the bottom right corner. 

Early in the second half Lewis Cole played Rowe in behind and he steadied himself but he sent his shot wide from a tight angle. 

Gosport could take gotten back into the game on the hour mark as they took a corner and it fell to Dan Wooden and his effort rattled the crossbar. 

The visitors seemed to be turning the tide but after 71 minutes Adom put the game to bed as he received the ball on the left touchline, cut inside to the corner of the box and his wicked dipping shot beat the 'keeper and into the back of the net. 

In stoppage time O'Flaherty kept the score at four when he made a fine double save, first denying Adam Lareef and then prevented Adom getting his hat-trick on the follow up. 


Related Articles

Tilbury FC before the matc h with their mascots from East Thurrock Youth.

North Greenford United's Wembley dream goes on after penalty shootout triumph

Hanwell Town have confirmed their second straight season in the seventh tier. Photo: Alexander Fox | PlaNet Fox from Pixabay.

Football this weekend: Hanwell Town finish season against Hartley Wintney

Sign-Up for our FREE Newsletter

We want to provide Ealing with more and more clickbait-free local news.
To do that, we need a loyal newsletter following.
Help us survive and sign up to our FREE weekly newsletter.

Already subscribed? Thank you. Just press X or click here.
We won't pass your details on to anyone else.
By clicking the Subscribe button you agree to our Privacy Policy.