Man taken to hospital following fire at Hanwell shop

  Posted: 09.06.21 at 10:51 by Dimitris Kouimtsidis

us on Facebook

  See our new Community section



HANWELL News shop on Uxbridge Road has been damaged following a fire that took place on Monday, June 7.

The Fire Brigade was called at around 7:40pm and the blaze was under control 45 minutes later.

Six fire engines and around 40 firefighters from Southall, Acton, Ealing and Heston fire stations attended the scene.

Two men were treated on the scene by paramedics and one of them was taken to hospital.

Station Commander Dean Wilkinson, who was at the scene, said: “Crews worked incredibly hard to quickly bring the fire under control.

“Roads were closed and buses were diverted whilst firefighters made the scene safe.

“This is a timely reminder to test your smoke alarms.

“There were no working smoke alarms fitted inside the property.

“Having working smoke alarms is so important in helping to detect fires and save lives.

“They can provide time to escape.

“As a minimum you should have smoke alarms on every floor - in the hallways and the rooms you use the most, plus a heat alarm in the kitchen.”

Like this article? Sign up to our weekly newsletter...
PLANS to change the electoral boundary of all three Ealing constituencies have been revealed. The proposals, put forward by the Boundary Commission...
Read more...

Upcoming Ealing Event...

The Return of King Arthur

Legend has it that King Arthur will return when Britain needs him the most. That time is now! Join King Arthur and the wizard Merlin as they retur...



Event

Share: